- 5 large red and orange bell peppers
- 1 package (20 oz) ground turkey
- ½ package button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup organic spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove seeds.
- Boil a large pot of water with a dash of salt, and place bell peppers in water for 3-4 minutes until the skin is soft. Remove from water and set upside down on a paper towel to drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil, garlic, basil, jalapeno, and parsley in a skillet until garlic is golden.
- Add in the ground turkey and mushrooms, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Heat until cooked through, adding the chopped tomato in the final 2 minutes.
- Pour in spaghetti sauce and cheese and combine until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Stuff bell peppers with the turkey mixture and place onto an oven-safe dish (we used the same cast iron skillet to avoid extra dishwashing). Cook 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and enjoy!