This recipe was a total experiment. I knew I was hungry for lots of colorful veggies, and we had chicken breasts in the fridge that had to get eaten. How to spice things up a bit? We had some leftover plain yogurt that I didn’t want to go to waste, so I thought I’d try to incorporate that as well.
Here’s the result of my little experiment:
Rainbow Chicken Stir Fry with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- Mini sweet peppers – I used 2 each of red, yellow, and orange
- 1 zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- ½ package mushrooms
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp Thai garlic chili paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Olive oil
- Dice zucchini, squash, and peppers and sauté with olive oil, salt, and pepper until tender.
- Dice chicken breasts and sauté in olive oil with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to pan when chicken is halfway cooked through.
- For the sauce – combine 1 cup yogurt, 2 teaspoons Thai chili paste, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 tablespoon lime juice and blend/stir until combined.
- Pour yogurt sauce over chicken and veggies and enjoy!