Happy 4th of July, friends! In honor of the biggest BBQ’ing day of the year, I thought I’d provide you with a great party side dish recipe…
This is my mom’s recipe – she is the queen of throwing together the most popular dish at the party on a whim, and she certainly hit the nail on the head with this one. It’s a big batch for a reason – people will gobble this right up. It’s creamy, salty, sweet, and simply delicious.
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 – 10 oz packages broccoli slaw
- 2/3 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 bag sunflower kernels
- 4 oz dried cranberries
- 1 – 13.5 oz. bottle f Rudolph’s Famous Coleslaw Dressing (or your favorite brand)
- Salt & Pepper
– Cook and crumble bacon
– Chop the head of broccoli into small florets
– Combine all ingredients and salt and pepper to taste
This slaw satisfies both your sweet and salty cravings and is the perfect side for a summer BBQ! It’s definitely not the healthiest side on earth, but it’s so darn good, I wanted to provide the “real” recipe. You could always make your own coleslaw dressing out of Greek yogurt, cider vinegar, and low fat mayo to reduce the fat/calories.
Do YOU have a recipe that is always the first thing to get scarfed down at the BBQ? Do share!