Well, that was a mouthful. Should I patent this ingenious name…No? …Bueller?
I created this salsa because I was looking for something fresh and healthy to make as a cabin snack. The potato chips, cookies, burgers, etc…are all awesome, but the occasional nutrient never hurt anyone either.
As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t like onions – which is why this recipe does not contain any. I also think that cilantro tastes like soap (call me crazy but I’m not alone!!). So before I get chastised for not including cilantro in a black bean salsa (tyranny!), now you know.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 can white & yellow corn
- 1 29 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Kuner’s Southwestern black beans
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons tabasco
- Salt & pepper
Mix all ingredients and serve with tortilla chips (Tostitos Scoops work best!).
This giant batch kept well in the fridge for several days.