WOW. Life has been keeping me too busy to blog lately. Sorry about that. I’ll try to do better, I swear.
A weekend up at the cabin and we were put in charge of Sunday breakfast. Since there was also going to be some ah-maz-ingly naughty biscuits and gravy, we decided to keep our recipe paleo-friendly to even things out a bit.
Our frittata turned out very yummy and the leftovers were great reheated. Enjoy!
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and hot sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Fry bacon in a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Allow bacon to cool on a paper towel, then cut into small pieces. Reserve 2 teaspoons of the pan drippings.
- In the same skillet with the bacon drippings, cook mushrooms and red pepper for 5 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and cook just until the spinach wilts. Return the bacon to the pan.
- Pour eggs over the spinach mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool 5 minutes (eggs will continue to cook) Cut into wedges and serve. Bam! Egg pie.
Next time I make this, I will definitely and add in some pepperjack cheese and sun-dried tomatoes…not that it needs it, but why not?