Don’t be scared, it’s just me.
Know what else it is? Time for Foodie Pen Pals, Halloween edition!
This time around, I was paired up with Jenna, who blogs about pets over at Time out Truffles. Stop by and give her blog 2 paws up.
Jenna sent me some yummy Halloween-themed (and some non-themed) grub this month!
- Pumpkin seeds – what a fabulous, seasonal (and paleo-friendly) snack! These came in handy for an on-the-go, between-jobs snack. Thanks for keeping my hunger in check, J-dog. Can I call you J-dog?
- White chocolate candy corn M&Ms – holy teeth-rotting goodness, batman. This has to be one of the sweetest candies I have ever tried. Deliciously naughty.
- Brianna’s Home Style Poppy Seed dressing – I LOVE trying new dressings and this one hit the nail on the head. Very flavorful and made from all-natural ingredients.
- Celestial Seasonings Perfectly Pear White Tea – the hubs is a big tea drinker and made an “ooooooh” noise when I told him about this.
- Apple of my London Eye chutney – talk about an awesomely unique addition to this box! This was by far my favorite item. It contains apples, sugar, malt vinegar, onions, raisins, herbs and spices. It is SO tasty and more savory than sweet. Any suggestions as to what I should put this on? I’m thinking just added to celery as a snack!
- Grilled & marinated asparagus spears – I love asparagus. This will be tasty cut up and added to my daily salads, or heated up for a quick side with dinner.
- Caramel Apple Filled Werthers – thanks Jenna, I’m now completely addicted to these. I actually didn’t think I’d like them at first, but changed my mind immediately. They are totally irresistible and I scarfed the whole bag in 2 days.
Thanks again, Jenna, for such a frighteningly awesome Halloween goodie box!
…And a special thanks to Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean for coordinating!
WANNA PARTICIPATE IN FOODIE PEN PALS??
Here are some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, this is what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.