Eating paleo, sometimes you’re limited in the amount of easy, comfort-style foods you can create. Enter the spaghetti squash – just like noodles and you can find them everywhere this time of year.
I stumbled upon this recipe and decided to give it a try. Chock-full of healthy veggies and ooey gooey cheesy goodness. Bonus – it’s super simple.
Easy Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake
1 large spaghetti squash
1 red pepper, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 carrot, shredded
2 cloves garlic, pressed
16 oz tomato sauce
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Poke your spaghetti squash with a knife all over. Microwave for 8-12 minutes until soft.
3. While squash is cooking, add oil, garlic, pepper, zucchini, and carrots to a pan and cook over medium heat
4. Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and scrape the flesh from the peel with a fork. Place the spaghetti-like squash flesh into a casserole dish. Add the veggies, diced tomato, sauce, and most of the cheese and mix well.
5. Sprinkle the leftover cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
5. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve. Say Mmmmmm.
What’s your favorite thing to do with spaghetti squash? Do you think it makes an awesome substitute for noodles too?