Yet another box full of yummy goodies on my doorstep. I’m such a lucky lady.
This month I was paired up with Lorraine, who sent me the most snack-alicious box ever. Filled with TONS of paleo-friendly munchies. And from one of my favorite places on earth, no less – Trader Joe’s 🙂
1. Justin’s Honey Almond Butter – purrrrfect. We’ve been moving away from peanut butter and eating almond butter instead, so I’ve been trying out different brands. Mmm.
2. All natural teriyaki turkey jerkey – I blinked and the whole bag was gone. I won’t even blame this one on the hubs. Yup, all me.
3. Dark chocolate bar with cranberries and almonds – It’s almost as if Lorraine came to my house and snooped around in my cabinets before she went shopping for me. We LOVE dark chocolate. Even moreso when there’s stuff inside.
4. Roasted coconut chips – HE-LLO new obsession! These were also completely gone before I knew it. Light and sweet and slightly salty….I think I had a cocogasm.
6. Mixed nuts and cranberries. Perfect mid-morning snack.
7. Cashew cookie Larabar – This was my first Larabar. I flipped it over to look at the ingredients and couldn’t find it. Then I discovered it tucked under the flap. Ingredients: Cashews and dates. Well, that’s why I couldn’t find it. It wasn’t 14 lines long filled with a bunch of junk I can’t pronounce. Dang. THAT is what I call clean eating. These things pack in a TON of flavor without any processed ingredients. I will absolutely be buying Larabars in the future – I can’t wait to try their other flavors!
8. Roasted seaweed snack – I had actually mailed these out to my foodie pen pal earlier this summer, but had never tried them out myself. They are initially kinda fishy tasting, but surprisingly quite addictive. A great low-cal snack if you’re craving salt. The entire container only contains 60 calories.
9. Wheat Grass and Orange Dreamsicle superfood drink powders – These support energy levels and immune function. Super clean and healthy – I have yet to try them out but am intrigued…
The verdict? The best in box award goes to….A TIE between the Roasted Coconut Chips and the Cashew Cookie Larabar. If you’ve never had them, go to Trader Joe’s and pick them up before I raid every store in the tri-state area.
THANK YOU, Lorraine, for a great box full of HEALTHY paleo snacks! I seriously could not have created a more perfect combo of foods myself.
…And a special thanks to Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean for coordinating!
WANNA PARTICIPATE IN FOODIE PEN PALS??
Here are some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, this is what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.