We’re past due for a grocery run. However, the below zero temps around here also mean we are FAR too lazy to bundle up go grocery shopping on a Sunday. Time to do a little creative cooking.
When you eat as much chicken, fish, and pork as we do, you’ve gotta spice things up every now and then to keep it interesting. Stuffing your meat makes the standard boring protein much more exciting, and far more filling. We’ve recently been experimenting with stuffing our chicken breasts and pork chops. Today’s lunch was born out of a leftover package of frozen spinach and an otherwise very bare fridge.
Spinach & Pepperjack Stuffed Pork Chops
- 2 fresh pork chops
- 2/3 of a 10 oz package of frozen spinach
- 2/3 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian herb mix
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut a slit in each pork chop to form a “pocket” (don’t cut all the way through)
- Thaw spinach in the microwave, then press it into a strainer to remove excess water.
- Mix spinach with pepperjack cheese and Italian herbs/red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Stuff pork chops with spinach mixture
- Saute over medium heat for 6-9 minutes each side until cooked through. Season with salt & pepper.
A super simple and protein-packed Sunday lunch. Win.
What creations have you come up with with limited ingredients?