It’s time to start using up the goodies from your garden….or if you’re like me, the excess veggies donated from other people’s gardens!
This paleo and celiac-friendly zucchini bread is another stolen and slightly altered recipe from the wonderful Ellie at Healthy Training. I found myself grabbing chunks of it for an on-the-go breakfast and the 2 loaves I made had disappeared in less than 3 days. It’s sweet enough to feel like dessert without any added processed sugars.
GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- 1 cup grated zucchini, water squeezed out
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ c almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ c chopped walnuts
- ½ c craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 2 small loaf pans with coconut oil.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, banana, honey, vanilla, and oil. Mix thoroughly, then mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the craisins, zucchini, and walnuts. Spoon batter into the loaf pans, filling each one ¼ full.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden and set (check the middle with a toothpick).